ADSM-L

Netware Retry Errors with NDS backup

1998-06-26 17:53:37
Subject: Netware Retry Errors with NDS backup
From: "John W. Stephens" <John_W_Stephens AT NOTES.PW DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 17:53:37 EDT
I am trying to get a  very good understanding of the ADSM Netware NDS tree
backup functions.

When I assign the ADSM netware user certain container rights and perform a
backup, as expected any and all containers that the user does not have ACL
rights to errors. but how do I get the retry errors so that they are not doing
4 attempts, the changingretries does not have an effect on this.

Is the normal practice to give the ADSM netware user NDS root privileges and
backup NDS this way.  It seems being able to let every container ( in my case
every city) use there ADSM server to backup there NDS container is the best
method.(security and so forth,,,)

Is it normal for the ADSM NDS backup to take along time, it seems it must walk
the tree every attempted backup of the NDS tree structure, how do I limit this
for the best performance ( include/exclude does not impact the NDS directory
backup).

Anybody that can point me to the best knowledge for backing up NDS tree
structures would be much appreciated.

Thank,
John Stephens
813-222-6221