ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/NT V3 Client Schedule Log Processing

1998-06-26 04:09:18
Subject: Re: ADSM/NT V3 Client Schedule Log Processing
From: Luc Busschots <luc.busschots AT CERIX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:09:18 +0200
Hi Dennis

I do exactly the same on Version 3.1.0.3 on NT clients
(not upgraded from V2 however) and it works fine.
I don't even use the schedlogname parameter, because
 the path you define is the default if you installed ADSM
 in c:\ADSM iso the standard c:\win32apps\ibm\adsm
 (which I guess you did as I did).
The complete log is kept with timestamps and errors
 and summary in c:\adsm\baclient\dsmsched.log
 for 10 days.
Perhaps one thing to check is ; did you stop/start the
 scheduler service after(!) you ma      de the changes to your
 dsm.opt file ? Any change to dsm.opt (even a change
 in excl or incl) is not taken into account for the schedule if
 you don't do this. I would think it should make more sense
 if the scheduler-service should read the dsm.opt when he is
 contacted (prompted) or is contacting (polling) the server
 to start the schedule, but that is not the way it is working now.

Busschots Luc
Busschots Luc
B.I.C.S.
Straatsburgstraat 3 rue de Strasbourg