ADSM-L

Archiving from a command prompt

1998-06-25 09:08:52
Subject: Archiving from a command prompt
From: Marita Gonsalves <marita_gonsalves AT CARYACADEMY.PVT.K12.NC DOT US>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:08:52 -0400
We're running NT 4.0 and I was wondering if there was a way to archive a
particular folder that exists in multiple folders from the command prompt.
I know I can do it in the GUI client but selecting the files is very, very
time consuming.

The directory to be archived is called favorites and is located in
d:\profiles\firstname_lastname\favorites\.  I tried the following from the
command prompt:
Archive -subdir=yes d:\profiles\...\favorites\*.* and it didn't work.
Can this be done from a command prompt or should I just resign myself to
clicking on 200+  folders in the GUI client?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marita Gonsalves
Information Systems Consultant - CA