ADSM-L

V2 Win32 scheduler on Win95 stops

1998-06-24 13:43:02
Subject: V2 Win32 scheduler on Win95 stops
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:43:02 -0400
Our Win95 users have the ADSM V2 Win32  client scheduler in their Windows
"startup" group.
When they boot up, they have the Win32 scheduler running minimzed on the
task bar.

We have just ONE user who now is unable to get scheduled backups.
Every day his scheduler contacts the server and gets a start time (we run in
Polling mode).
Then his scheduler "clock" starts counting down to the backup time, but
stops.
So his backup doesn't ever get fired off.

We have had other users get this problem occasionally (maybe once a year!),
but this user has had it happen every DAY for the last 2 weeks.

He can restart it by maximizing the Scheduler window and pressing ENTER, but
that does somewhat defeat the purpose of using the Scheduler at all!

We have no idea what is stopping the scheduler.
Anybody have a clue?

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert