ADSM-L

Re: Recovering a Tape stg pool

1998-06-23 23:34:56
Subject: Re: Recovering a Tape stg pool
From: Jennifer Davis <jedavis AT DFW DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:34:56 -0500
Tony,

Try running your Q CONTENT this way instead:

Query CONtent volume_number COPied=No
(Format=Standard, Type=Any DAmaged=Any are defaulted)

This will show you only files that have NOT been backed up to a copy stgpool.
Hopefully, you will get 0 indicating that all were copied.

Then run:

RESTORE Volume volume_number -COPYstgpool=copypoolname -NEWstgpool=
new_primary_pool_name Preview=YES

This will give you a list of what volumes are needed in order to restore this
volume. It will also give you the number of files that will restore, which
when compared to the count of Q CONTENT COPY=ANY should be the same (if you
are lucky enough to have it all backed up)

Hope this works for you.