ADSM-L

Re: DG Unix ?

1998-06-19 20:47:35
Subject: Re: DG Unix ?
From: Jennifer Davis <jedavis AT DFW DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 19:47:35 -0500
Absolutely, no matter what shutdown your Universe database before spillting
the mirrors. Otherwise, you can get stale partitions when you try to
resync. Also, on the flip side, you should stop Universe when you resync.

The few minutes that it takes to shutdown for a couple of minutes is really
worth the headache that you can have later if you can't sync up the copies
again.