ADSM-L

Re: MGMTCLASSES with ONBAR Informix backup

1998-06-19 11:01:33
Subject: Re: MGMTCLASSES with ONBAR Informix backup
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:01:33 -0400
At 04:34 PM 6/19/98 -0100, Stephan Rittmann wrote:
>Hi,
>I want to give different management-classes over the ONBAR informix
>DB-Backup. How can I do this.
>Thank you for any suggestions.

You can use an "Include" statement in your inclexcl file to associate
informix backups with different management classes, based on the names of
those backup files.  The best way that I have found to determine what names
ONBAR uses when sending backing up files into ADSM is to use the SHOW
VERSIONS command.

Syntax:  show versions <nodename> <filespace-name>

You can use this to assign different management classes to onbar logs, too.

The show versions command is undocumented, but it is mentioned in the
RedBook on backing up databases using ADSM.

..Paul