ADSM-L

Re: Coverting to a 3494 Silo

1998-06-19 08:55:21
Subject: Re: Coverting to a 3494 Silo
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 07:55:21 -0500
I just did that.  We wanted to use both for a while, so I created a new
stgpool pointing to the library and issued mov drm commands to move the
data fromt he old volumes to the new volumes.  I also created a new
copypool pointing to the library and built that from scratch.

Then, someone on the list said you can just change the device class to
point to the library if you want to do a flash conversion.  I wish I'd
known about that ahead of time!

I have another ADSM server that we'll be converting to the 3494 as soon
as we get some expansion cabinets, and I plan on trying that approach
then.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics
hiltont AT tce DOT com