ADSM-L

NT 4.0 Bare Metal estore

1998-06-18 15:27:12
Subject: NT 4.0 Bare Metal estore
From: Doug Strilecky <dstril AT VOYAGER DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 15:27:12 -0400
Can anyone give me the step by step process by which they have done a
successful NT 4.0 bare metal restore?  We've looked several
places(Redbooks online, Windows client manual) and found what we feel
are incohesive pieces.  From what we found in the process we have tried
and have not been successful with is:
        1. Install ADSM client software
        2. Using the client GUI do a backup
        3. Reformat the disk
        4. Reinstall NT
        5. Reinstall ADSM client
        6. Using the client GUI restore the data
        7. Using the Utility bar on the client GUI restore the     registary.
        8. Reboot the client.

After doing that the client will come up put any attempt to run setup to
install new software fails and the Office tool bar has no buttons for
the various products.

All assistance will be greatly appreciated..