ADSM-L

Re: Using ADSM option with Seagate Backup Exec for Windows Nt V7

1998-06-17 14:31:14
Subject: Re: Using ADSM option with Seagate Backup Exec for Windows Nt V7
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:31:14 -0400
We tested the Seagate BackupExec ADSM option, going to an AIX ADSM server.
I don't think it matters what the ADSM server is, since Seagate is just
writing to the ADSM API.

I do remember the doc is set up for an NT server, and they give you some
macros to define policies.

Pretty much all you have to do is use your own operating system procedures
to create a new storage pool for BackupExec, and everything else works as
described.  It's pretty easy.

I didn't even bother calling to see if they had other versions of the doc
available, they probably do.