ADSM-L

Re: Processes created with the "dsmc sched"

1998-06-17 09:13:31
Subject: Re: Processes created with the "dsmc sched"
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:13:31 -0400
These processes are part of the ADSM HSM client, used for autorecalling
files that were migrated out by space management.

If you installed the HSM client, ADSM set these processes up to start
automatically.
On AIX, autostarting processes is done by creating entries in a file called
/etc/inittab.
I don't know what the equivalent is for Solaris....

If you aren't using space management, you don't need them.
Hope this helps.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert