ADSM-L

Running dsmadmc in batch under unix.

1998-06-16 01:47:51
Subject: Running dsmadmc in batch under unix.
From: Carl Makin <Carl.Makin AT IPAUSTRALIA.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:47:51 +1000
System: ADSM 3.1.1.2, F50/Aix 4.2.1

I'm trying to write some automation scripts in perl and am somewhat amazed
at how silly the redirection facilities are in dsmadmc.

The only way I can see of generating clean output (ie not contaminated by
copyright messages and other crap) is to use redirection in the command
itself to a temporary file.  This is *very* annoying as it makes my scripts
a bit more complex than they need to be.

Aside from using different "greps" to filter the output, has anyone managed
to get clean output from dsmadmc in batch?

Carl.