ADSM-L

Re: collation

1998-06-15 08:47:10
Subject: Re: collation
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 07:47:10 -0500
     Collocation is at a sequential storage pool level.  To have
     collocation on for some policy sets and off for others you must point
     the copy groups of those policy sets to different storage pools and
     set the collocation on the storage pools.

     If you buffer your inbound data in a disk pool, you will have to set
     up different disk pools to buffer the data in.  You only have one
     choice for a "next pool" so you could do something like...
     PCDISK (disk pool for pc clients) with a next pool of PCTAPE
     and
     UNIXDISK (disk pool for unix clients) with a next pool of UNIXTAPE
     then have collocation no on PCTAPE but have collocation yes on
     UNIXTAPE
     you can run both of these tape pools out of the same library no
     problem.

     hope this helps,
                     later,
                           Dwight