ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:57:46
Hi All

    I am trying to accomplish the following:

    o I want to restrict desktops to be able to backup ONLY files in d:\backup and its subdirectories and have ONLY two copies of each file. I do not want the clients to be able to backup anything else nor do I want them to be able to keep more than two copies of a file. I would like to control all these at the server end, otherwise sophisticated users will modify the files on the client side (dsm.opt or dsm.sys) to bypass these restrictions.

    o So, I defined a management class called DESKTOP  under the STANDARD policy domain. This defines two copies of every file as opposed to 7 copies defined in the STANDARD management class.

    o I define a client option set in which has three client options, with force set to yes:

       INCLEXCL,0:   inclexcl exclude ?:\...\*
       INCLEXCL,1:   inclexcl include d:\backup
       SUBDIR,0:  yes

    and I use this client option set in the client node definition for a client ABCD.

    o I do not see any way I can force the server to use DESKTOP management class for client node ABCD. As a result it is still using the STANDARD management class.

    Any help is very much appreciated.

Ravi