ADSM-L

Exchange connect agent: automatic delete of old backup versions

1998-06-12 06:45:35
Subject: Exchange connect agent: automatic delete of old backup versions
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 12:45:35 +0200
Hello,

We have adsm server MVS 3.1.1.2, clients 3.1.0.3.
We use the connect agent to backup our 10 Exchange servers, successfully.
Full backups every Saturday, incremental ones (only logs get backedup) 3
times a day.

We wish to keep only the last 3 full and all corresponding logs.

Will adsm (next release?) offer a possibility to execute the delete of old
versions automatically? From the server side?

Today, we have to logon each Exchange server, call the Restore window and
manually delete the specific versions. This is very time consumming,
although the delete itself runs fast.

Thanks to IBM developpement for any information...

René Lambelet - *3543 - *A581
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestlé - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41/21/924'35'43 / Fax: ++41/21/924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com