ADSM-L

Informix backups and ADSM

1998-06-12 06:17:46
Subject: Informix backups and ADSM
From: Chantal Loo <cloo AT FGH.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 12:17:46 +0200
Hi,

I have ADSM/6000 V2 installed and am using OnBar with ADSM, to backup my
Informix database that is installed on raw devices. I would like to run
monthly backups that are kept for a year, but I am also running daily
backups that are kept for 8 days. Currently, I have set up a management
default class for the daily requirement. Any ideas as to how I would do
my monthly backups? How are Informix backups currently being handled -
backup cycles, etc. ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Chantal Loo