ADSM-L

OBSI to ADSM problem

1998-06-11 16:07:36
Subject: OBSI to ADSM problem
From: Mike Smith <MSmith AT WSGC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 13:07:36 -0700
Im trying to get a reliable unattended backup over Oracle 7.3.4.1 on AIX
4.3 using SQL*Backtrack to tape via ADSM. We dont have enough disk to
backup to a disk pool and have ADSM come along and write it to tape
later. The error I get is intermittent, and looks like the tape is not
ready, however, the SysAdm says it is ok.

> ERROR:[adsm 19216] obsi/adsm: FATAL: ADSM: dsmEndTxn failed, return
> code: ANS02
> 6I (RC2302) The dsmEndTxn vote is ABORT, so check the reason field.
> reason code: ANS1312E (RC12)   Server media mount not possible
> lawprd[SQLBT]:/p00/tools/datatools/obsi.adsm/bin 51>

Ive heard a rumor that there is a bug when you try to go directly to
tape, but I cant confirm it. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Michael Smith

Data Base Administrator
Williams-Sonoma,INC