ADSM-L

Re: Help ! Error code ANR2716E

1998-06-10 16:53:29
Subject: Re: Help ! Error code ANR2716E
From: Joseph A Faracchio <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:53:29 PDT
We've seen the same thing for some time now.  It appears to have gotten
worse since we upgraded our Server from Ver 1 to Ver 2 (we're on VM)
Our users are a mix of old and new clients , Unix, netware, Win95 & WinNT.
It appears to occur more often with Win95/NT users.
Since I'm on VM ( :-) ) I trap the error message with PROPLOG and do
a PING of the IP address and if it comes back negative I do the router
(assuming router is a .1).   and I get a variety of responses:
sometimes the workstation doesn't ping back, sometimes it does.
If it doesn't I still get a ping back from the router.  etc.
Users that we see with this problem frequently swear their workstation is
up and running the scheduler when it suppose to be doing so.

One user swears she can control when it fails or succeeds by leaving her
monitor on or off each night.   Sigh.

                     cheers ... joe.f.