ADSM-L

Recovery log error ANR0209E on server startup

1998-06-10 15:29:19
Subject: Recovery log error ANR0209E on server startup
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 14:29:19 -0500
Our configuration is ADSM 2.1.5.15 on AIX 4.1.5.  Our RS6000 died today.
After the reboot, ADSM wouldn't start.  The error messages are:

ANR0209E Page address mismatch detected on recovery log volume
/adsm_volumes/rlogvol1, logical page 127
(physical page 383); actual: 99253.
ANR9999D logwrite.c(437): Error reading recovery log.

Level 1 thinks I'll have to restore my database, but has referred the
problem to level 2 just in case they know of some magic.  I thought I'd
see if any of you have suggestions other than doing a restore.

Any help will be appreciated.

By the way, the decision had been made a while back to not use ADSM
mirroring because our disk (EMC2 Symmetrix) has internal mirroring.
Would ADSM mirroring of the log and database have reduced the chances of
getting this error?  If so, I'll probably try to get some more disk
space.

Tina Hilton
Systems Consultant
Thomson Consumer Electronics, Inc.