ADSM-L

No restore possible during MOVE DRMEDIA

1998-06-09 03:18:17
Subject: No restore possible during MOVE DRMEDIA
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:18:17 +0200
Hi ADSM-ers!
This morning I tried to do a restore. All the Win95 GUI was giving me was
'preparing...'. Nothing was happening.
I checked the activity log and saw that the MOVE DRMEDIA was running and
waiting for a tape to be removed (by our operator, who wasn't there yet)
from the I/O slot.
When I canceled the MOVE DRMEDIA process my restore was started immediately!
Question: why isn't my restore started? The MOVE DRMEDIA command uses just
one drive to verify the tape label, so one drive is available for my
restore. Also, the MOVE DRMEDIA process is waiting for a reply with the tape
in the I/O slot, so in fact both drives are available!
Thank you very much for any reply in advance!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon