ADSM-L

Problem during backup of BDC

1998-06-05 13:11:41
Subject: Problem during backup of BDC
From: jalarson <jalarson AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:11:41 -0600
        One of our BDC's on our NT domain is having problems during the
backup of the SAM.  For a short period, the box becomes inaccessible.  It
will miss occasional pings from other boxes.  If I start up a manual backup,
the "start" menu will not come while it is working on the SAM database.  As
soon as the SAM is complete, everything starts working as normal.
        I've run perfmon during these periods and the CPUs are only about
50% busy.
        Has anyone else experienced this?

Jim Larson
LAN Services