ADSM-L

Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?

1998-06-05 16:26:15
Subject: Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?
From: buser andreas <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:26:15 -0400
We are only a litle ADSM Installation with  ADSM MVS V3,
SOLARIS,NETWARE,OS/2 WIN NT, HPUX, Informix V3 clients.
Our Server database is only at 6GB with data for about 500GB.

We also saw this phenomen. But for the V3 server and especially after
the Clients migrated to V3,  the searchspeed for big clients was
improved. From 2 and more hours down to 15 min, but we saws this only
after a while, which means the Client had to save a losts of its files
under V3.

We also want to better understand the server database to possibly speed
up processing, with various means: splitting on multiple disks(until now
no effect), serializing schedules, enlarging buffers(very little effect
until now).
As you see the server database ist quite resistant againts tuning. The
only thing which gets speed is "throw away  backups", but even this is
slow.

We hope for improvement or a least documentation from IBM.

kind regards
Andreas Buser
Andreas Buser

Tel:   0041 61 285 73 21