ADSM-L

Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?

1998-06-05 09:31:10
Subject: Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?
From: "Purdon, James" <james_purdon AT MERCK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:31:10 -0400
Hi,
We have observed this behavior (on server 2.1.0.13) when the client hadd 4
million files contaned within a single file space.  However, it ususally
took two simultaneous wild card operations for the client to hang the
server.

Our opinion is that large filespaces need to be divided into virtual
mountpoints in order for ADSM to function effectively.

Our database is about 26.5 Gb and contains entries for approximately 6
million objects.

Jim