ADSM-L

Re: ADSM v3.10, AIX 4.1.5 and Informix 7.22.UC2

1998-06-05 04:14:37
Subject: Re: ADSM v3.10, AIX 4.1.5 and Informix 7.22.UC2
From: Lee Bochicchio <leeb AT SINGLEPOINTSOLUTIONS.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:14:37 +0100
Hi,

We are just about to roll out ADSM 3.1 to out Informix OnLine servers, and are
currently testing backup/restore of data (using ON-bar).

Testing on our development machine (Informix 7.22UC4 I think) so far has given
us probably the same problems you are having.  A level 0 backup of the entire
system goes fine, but if we try to restore one of the dbspaces in that
archive,
ON-bar complains about being unable to "...restore to reserved pages".

Our support source at Informix has told us that ON-bar will only do whole
system backups and restores on non-logged databases.  We are going to test
this  at the weekend (7th June).

I'll let you know how it goes.

Lee Bochicchio (leeb AT singlepointsolutions.co DOT uk)
Systems Admin