ADSM-L

Re: Backup question

1998-06-03 12:41:28
Subject: Re: Backup question
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 18:41:28 +0200
A 11:47 03/06/1998 -0400, vous avez écrit :
>Is there a way to do a FULL backup on a client?  The client in question is a
>NT 4.0 server and is on the ADSM schedule to be backed up.  We are having
>some problems with the server and want to implement a hot fix - it was
>recommended that we do a FULL backup before we implement the fix.

You're not supposed even to imagine "full" backups with adsm. Either you
selectively backup ALL your files (ok, ok, it's actually a full backup, but
shhh, don't call it so), or, much better in this case I think (and that's
the way I'd do it), you merely should do an archive of all your files. So
you'll have an image of your system apart of the normal backups.

Hth,

Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE