ADSM-L

Write errors on Mammoth 8900

1998-06-03 11:10:10
Subject: Write errors on Mammoth 8900
From: Len Kutz <Len_Kutz AT VALIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 09:10:10 -0600
   I'm running ADSM 2.1.5 on AIX 4.2.1 and writing to Exabyte 8900 drives.
Lately I have started getting a large number of write errors on my tapes.
I've talked with IBM and Exabyte, both had some suggestions, but nothing
has helped.  So far we have changed SCSI cables, changed terminators,
upgraded microcode on the SCSI adapter, and replaced all four of the tape
drives.
   Is anyone else using Mammoth 8900's on an AIX machine?  Have you had
similar problems?