ADSM-L

Re: offsite tapes expiring

1998-06-03 09:07:10
Subject: Re: offsite tapes expiring
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 08:07:10 -0500
Can you explain what you mean by "expiring"?  The retain extra & only
versions settings is for how long to retain a backup, not a tape.  Once
the backup has expired (and inventory expiration has run to delete it
from the database), then that space is freed up on tape.  Only when all
backups on a tape have expired, or that volume's been reclaimed, will it
be marked available for return to onsite storage.  Maybe you're
referring to the reuse delay?  That setting says how long to wait after
a tape has been emptied before it can be reused again.  If you set that
to 30, then the status of the tape will be pending for 30 days and then
will be in vaultretrieve status per DRM.

Tina Hilton