ADSM-L

How to avoid new machines blowing disk cache?

1972-12-21 19:54:36
Subject: How to avoid new machines blowing disk cache?
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 08:50:36 +22306356
[ I promise I'm going to write and post a newbie FAQ, Real Soon Now... ]

I'm in the process of bringing all of my central machines into ADSM.  That
first "incremental" backup for each machine blows everything else out of
the disk cache and onto tape - is there a reasonable way to avoid this?

Currently I'm backing everything up with the same policies, in the same
management class, and have only the one primary disk stgpool.  I anticipate
that once all the machines are in, things should be fairly steady-state and
the diskpool will be big enough for the nightly dumps.

Thanks.

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu