ADSM-L

Re: 9710 stuck tapes

1998-06-02 12:40:53
Subject: Re: 9710 stuck tapes
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 12:40:53 -0400
I have had the same problem with my 3570/3575 tapes.  Advice from IBM is
always NEVER remove the tape manually, but they offered no suggestions
on how to avoid it.

The only way I have been able to get around it is to play with the tape
library itself.  Turning it off and back on, then running the 'init
element status' usually gets it to eject the tape, and sometimes put it
away.  If it doesn't put the ejected tape away I haven't had much
success without halting and restarting ADSM.  For some reason that seems
to work, and it is much faster than an audit library.

It is always a hit or miss situation, so I hope someone out there has a
better answer to your question!