ADSM-L

ANS1028S error on file PRN.MSG

1998-06-02 10:34:40
Subject: ANS1028S error on file PRN.MSG
From: Colin Dunn <colindun AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:34:40 -0400
I am getting a nondescript error message when backing up from
a Windows NT 4.0 client (ADSM version 3.1.1) to a Windows NT
ADSM server (NT 4.0; ADSM 3.1.1). The message reads:
"ANS1028S: Internal program error. Please see your service
representative."

This error ALWAYS occurs when ADSM attempts to back up
a file named PRN.MSG.

I suspect that ADSM is being confused by this name, as PRN
(by itself) is a device name under Windows NT (an alias for
LPT1:, the first printer port).

Has anyone else on the list seen this problem? Any fixes or
work-arounds besides renaming the file? As the file is part of
an application software package, I hesitate to rename it, as
the application will likely fail when it doesn't find the PRN.MSG file.

Colin Dunn
colindun AT us.ibm DOT com