ADSM-L

DLL Files on WIN 95 Clients

1998-06-02 09:45:26
Subject: DLL Files on WIN 95 Clients
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 08:45:26 -0500
I have a customer in the process of setting up ADSM V3.1.1 to run on about
100 Windows 95 workstations.  The ADSM executable is kept on a file server as
are the individual options files for each client.  She creates an icon
pointing to the server and the ADSM executable and directs ADSM to the
appropriate options file via the SET statement in the autoexec.bat.

The problem is, occasionally when she's setting these people up, she gets an
error message about missing  MFC42.DLL and/or MSVCRT.DLL.  This only happens
occasionally, but often enough that she now carries around a diskette
containing these two DLL files so she can copy them onto the machines that
need them.

Does anyone know what these files are, why they seem to be on some people's
machines already and not others?  Is there something we're missing here as
far as the software we've installed on the file server?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.