ADSM-L

Antwort: Make your own barcode labels?

1998-06-02 08:26:21
Subject: Antwort: Make your own barcode labels?
From: Martin Marbach <MAM AT GRS DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 13:26:21 +0100
Hi Pat,

we use Corel Draw 7. It has a tool named Barcode Whizard (with code 39).
It's easy to use.
I am just in the process of implementing an Overland Tape library with
barcode feature and till now I don't know if the labels work (but I hope).
In some days you can ask me.

Martin
mam AT grs DOT de

BTW : Are there any parameters to set for the adsm-Server 2.1.0.12 for
full use of the barcode option ? I don't find any hints in the manuals.
(define library, define volume, dsmlabel, etc).
Is ADSM so clever to recognize the labels 'at once' ??
Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.

You wrote :
You wrote :

Does anyone have a program to make your own barcode labels?  I've found
Dave Yost's 1988 code 39 Barcode postscript stuff, and can probably whip
that into shape (if it's the right barcode, which I haven't checked), but
if someone's already done the work, that'd be great.  It shouldn't be too
hard, in any case.

Thanks.

Pat Wilson
Dartmouth College