ADSM-L

very slow recovery

1998-05-28 11:54:40
Subject: very slow recovery
From: "C. S." <silesky AT UNM DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 15:54:40 +0000
        We have the following configuration:
                MVS server running Adsm v2.1.12
                The backup media is mixed:
                        manual 3480's
                        tape library 3590
                        3494 robotic
                Aix clients running v2.1.06G
        Our problem is that when asking the server to give us
the database info for us to select the files to restore on a
particular directory, it is taking hours (5-6hrs) to get this info.
We cannot understand why this is happening. Has anyone had any idea
why this is happening?

  CARLOS E. SILESKY JIMENEZ
         PH:(505) 277-7343
    EMAIL: silesky AT unm DOT edu