ADSM-L

Re: ADSM vs. firewall

1998-05-28 15:11:44
Subject: Re: ADSM vs. firewall
From: Craig Treptow <CATreptow AT EQUITABLE-OF-IOWA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 14:11:44 -0500
I'm not a firewall person either, but my guess is that you'll just have to
enable TCP/IP on  port 1500 (or whatever port you're using) in your firewall,
so that that traffic can get through.  It should be similar to allowing ftp or
telnet traffic through the firewall.

Craig Treptow
Sr. Systems Engineer
Equitable of Iowa Companies
909 Locust Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
(515) 698-6726
(515) 698-2726 (Fax)
CATreptow AT equitable-of-iowa DOT com

>>> "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM> 5/28/98 2:03:12 PM >>>
I'm not a communications person, but it can be done.  We have a firewall and
we have several  people who back up from home.  They connect to our network
using AVOC or PC3270 and then ADSM works exactly the same way it does in the
office . . . . . . . . . . except much more slowly.

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 05/28/98 01:46:44 PM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ INTERNET