ADSM-L

Re: LOADDB and RESTORE DB fails

1998-05-28 02:23:58
Subject: Re: LOADDB and RESTORE DB fails
From: Gerhard Hansmair <PromptSoftware AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 08:23:58 +0200
Thanks for all the answers.

Yesterday night I could solve the problem by restoring an older database
backup. At least the server is running again without loosing all backups.
So it looks like the database beeing in error for about 4 weeks and just
now the error shows up.

How to avoid to making backups of a database with errors? How can I check
or better repair the database? Is the only way to
stop the server and issue an DSMSERV AUDITDB FIX=YES DETAIL=YES or is there
a better way ?

Thanks

Gerhard

Unfortunately I have had the same experience with attempting to LOADDB from
a DUMPDB (2 customer sites).  However a restore from a backup has been
reliable.

--
Steffan Rhoads
Steffan Rhoads