ADSM-L

Re: How do you deal with...?

1998-05-25 19:48:20
Subject: Re: How do you deal with...?
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 09:48:20 +1000
Hi,

I'm with Rui; the current behaviour is as it should be. That doesn't
mean that it couldn't be improved though. We often have filespaces that
are removed from the client. It is possible to empty the filespace on
the client and then perform an incremental backup. Files will then
expire naturally. However we often want to keep the filespaces around
for longer than the default retention, just in case.

It would be nice to be able, from the ADSM server, to notify ADSM that
the filespace isn't coming back, and force it to go through normal
expiration. Effectively this command would just be making all active
files inactive.

Of course this only applies to backups because archives already look
after themselves.

Trevor
Trevor Foley
Trevor Foley