ADSM-L

running multiple backups

1998-05-22 10:49:37
Subject: running multiple backups
From: "Stidd, Sharon" <SStidd AT ALLDATA DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 10:49:37 -0400
I have been searching the list but I cannot find where this was
discussed before.  I have one HP-UX system that we will need to run two
backups on.  One, would exclude the cooked database filesystems and do a
normal unix backup. The other would include these db filesystems.  How
can I do this?  They will both be running from the client as commands
(dsmc inc ....). I tried to specify DOMAIN on the command line to no
avail. Is there a dsmc option to use a different opt file?  Or will I
have to "manually" change the inclexcl file each time?

Thanks in advance!

Sharon Stidd

Client/Server Administrator
Alliance Data Systems