ADSM-L

Re: Problems with ADSM not detecting directories - Solaris 2

1998-05-22 07:49:39
Subject: Re: Problems with ADSM not detecting directories - Solaris 2
From: "Rushton, John D" <john.d.rushton AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 07:49:39 -0400
Bernd,
The APAR number for the problem I was describing is IC20712, not IC20907.
The IC20907 APAR involves automounted filesystems not showing up in the ADSM
B/A GUI.   The problem I have is in not being able to incrementally back up
directories that are automounted as another filesystem (e.g. /net-3/user30
being automounted as /net/user30).

A question to any Solaris whizzes out there - is there any way to configure
the automounter so that a file system will not get automounted on a
particular server - specifically the one where it resides locally (and thus
uses an lofs - loopback file system - mount instead of a NFS mount).

John Rushton
Lockheed Martin M&DS