ADSM-L

Re: Mac Client V3 Scheduler Problem

1998-05-20 20:17:58
Subject: Re: Mac Client V3 Scheduler Problem
From: Gavin Trigg <G.Trigg AT ITS.UNIMELB.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:17:58 +1000
Dennis,

This is my experience also.  Any advice gratefully received!

>We've recently installed the ADSM V3 client for Macintosh, with the
>V3.1.0.3c update.
>
>The manual backup and restore functions work but we're having a problem
>with the Scheduler.
>
>Whenever we execute the Scheduler, we are prompted for the node password
>twice.  The first prompt, as expected, occurs when we first invoke the
>Scheduler and its contacting the server for the latest schedule updates.
>The second prompt occurs when the scheduled backup time arrives which, for
>us, occurs in the middle of the night when no one is around to respond to
>the prompt.  Once both prompts are responded to correctly, the backup
>begins normally.
>
>Following that experience, we went back to read the documentation and did
>further testing with the Scheduler Daemon.  We couldn't get the Scheduler
>to even start when we used the Daemon.  The Scheduler didn't start at all
>automatically at the appropriate time and, when we tried to start it
>manually, it would prompt us once for the node password and end
>immediately.
>
>I'd appreciate any feedback that any of your Macintosh customers might be
>able to provide.
>
>Thanks,
>Dennis

-------
Gavin Trigg     Email: G.Trigg AT its.unimelb.EDU DOT AU
Gavin Trigg     Email: G.Trigg AT its.unimelb.EDU DOT AU
                Telephone: +61 3 9344 6003      Fax +61 3 9347 4803
Manager Desktop Computing Services, Information Technology Services,
The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia.  3052.