ADSM-L

Mac Client V3 Scheduler Problem

1998-05-20 19:52:24
Subject: Mac Client V3 Scheduler Problem
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 18:52:24 -0500
We've recently installed the ADSM V3 client for Macintosh, with the
V3.1.0.3c update.

The manual backup and restore functions work but we're having a problem
with the Scheduler.

Whenever we execute the Scheduler, we are prompted for the node password
twice.  The first prompt, as expected, occurs when we first invoke the
Scheduler and its contacting the server for the latest schedule updates.
The second prompt occurs when the scheduled backup time arrives which, for
us, occurs in the middle of the night when no one is around to respond to
the prompt.  Once both prompts are responded to correctly, the backup
begins normally.

Following that experience, we went back to read the documentation and did
further testing with the Scheduler Daemon.  We couldn't get the Scheduler
to even start when we used the Daemon.  The Scheduler didn't start at all
automatically at the appropriate time and, when we tried to start it
manually, it would prompt us once for the node password and end
immediately.

I'd appreciate any feedback that any of your Macintosh customers might be
able to provide.

Thanks,
Dennis