ADSM-L

Re: Problem with EXCLUDE.DIR

1998-05-19 09:23:53
Subject: Re: Problem with EXCLUDE.DIR
From: Alexander Verkooyen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:23:53 +0200
On 19-May-98 Andreas Kossack wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> %Hello,
> %
> %I'm running a 3.1.0.1 client on AIX 4.1.4 and I'm
> %having some trouble with the EXCLUDE.DIR statement.
> %
> %
> %I have a directory called /dir1 and a file /dir1/file
> %
> %My include/exclude file consists of 1 line:
> %
> %EXCLUDE.DIR     /dir1
> %
> %When I do an incremental of / the directory /dir1 and
> %the file /dir1/file are backed up. For some reason the
> %EXCLUDE.DIR is being ignored by the client.
> Try
> EXCLUDE.FS      /dir1
> if your /dir1 is a mounted FileSystem !?

No, it is just a normal directory, not a filesystem.

I just tried it again with different directory and file
names and the same thing happened.

Regards,

Alexander
Alexander Verkooijen                SARA
Alexander Verkooijen                SARA
Systems Programmer                  Academic Computing
alexander AT sara DOT nl                   Services Amsterdam