ADSM-L

Move backup data from old server to new

1998-05-15 17:57:22
Subject: Move backup data from old server to new
From: Al Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 15:57:22 -0600
Howdy, I have set-up a new ADSM server (V3.1.1.2 on Solaris 2.6 using SUN
ETL 7/3500 and UE450!!! Anythings possible) and I was interested in moving
backup data from our old ADSM OS/2 V2 server to the new one. I read about
exporting data but that was only to sequential volumes. Seems like that
would take many volumes, much time, and operator intervention...just to do
the export. I was curious if anyone has done this type of thing
differently, like across the network (what a concept).

Al Cheski
Gulf Canada Resources