ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Connect Agent For Exchange

1998-05-15 16:44:05
Subject: Re: ADSM Connect Agent For Exchange
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:44:05 -0400
Scott,

>We used a full Information Store backup during the restore test and took
>the defaults (delete log files NO, restore public and private IS).

This symptom is common when you do a restore of a FULL db backup object
and choose not to erase existing log files.  In general, whenever you
restore from a full backup, you should specify that existing log files
be erased or take the risk that log files that are associated with a
different level of the DB (and still exist in the target restore directory)
are attempted to be applied to the level just restored.  We document this
recommendation in chap 3 & 4 where we discuss the option to erase existing
data on restore...but I guess we should have made that clear in appendix B
as well.

Please try the restore again but erase existing data this time...that
should correct the problem.

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development
internet  zaremba AT us.ibm DOT com