ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Connect Agent For Exchange

1998-05-15 16:36:01
Subject: Re: ADSM Connect Agent For Exchange
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:36:01 -0400
Scott,

The problem could be because you did not specify that existing logs should be
deleted during the restore.  In general, whenever you restore a FULL backup
object,
you should erase existing log files because there may be left over log files
from
a different level of the DB which can cause the error you are seeing from
DSIS.
In chap 3 and 4 where we talk about the option to erase existing data, this
recommendation is documented.  We should have also made that clear in
Appendix B...

Try doing the restore again but erase the existing log files this time...that
should
solve your problem.

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development
internet  zaremba AT us.ibm DOT com

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 05/15/98 01:20:47 PM