ADSM-L

Re: restore of fat16 to fat32

1998-05-14 12:54:33
Subject: Re: restore of fat16 to fat32
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 12:54:33 -0400
I asked the same question of IBM support and they said they know of no
problems.
We have tested, and I know it works fine if you are just restoring
files/directories.

What we have NOT proven yet is whether we can do a bare metal restore,
including the restore of the registry, in the case where a machine with a
Fat16 drive fails and we need to rebuild it on a Fat32 disk.

If you find out anything, I would appreciate your posting results to the
list.

Thanks!

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert