ADSM-L

SCALAR218 probs

1998-05-14 07:30:12
Subject: SCALAR218 probs
From: Stephan Rittmann <rittmann1 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:30:12 -0100
Hi,
I want to define a SCALAR218 DLT library in an ADSM OS/2 Server V2.1 LVL
14.
The SCALAR runs in the EXABYTE 448 emulation mode which is supported by
this ADSM server version.
Now I have two problems.

1. When I define the first drive with the ELEMENT address 82 all works
fine. When I want to define the second drive with ELEMENT address 83 the
library reports an invalid element-address error.

2. The library hasn't a barcode reader installed. When i restart the ADSM
server, the server report a lot of label errors at a lot of element
addresses. It seems that the library sends some invalid barcode
informations to the server. The result is, that the init of the library
fails.

Thanks for any help,

Stephan Rittmann
FIDUCIA AG