ADSM-L

Re: restores on unix systems ( owners of directories and p

1998-05-13 11:00:49
Subject: Re: restores on unix systems ( owners of directories and p
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 10:00:49 -0500
     Ran into this one long ago... make sure the clients are at the current
     level of code (God I sound like IBM)  and...
     Use the command line and just issue the restore such as:
     restore -subdir=yes /home/*
     for example if you wanted to restore all user's directories, sub
     directories and files...
     If you have used the GUI and the directories now exist, you will need
     to remove them and let the command line restore process recreate them
     to get the proper ownership back.