ADSM-L

HP Version3 Client with HPUX 10.01 ?

1998-05-13 11:43:19
Subject: HP Version3 Client with HPUX 10.01 ?
From: Hanna Hahne <Hanna.Hahne AT DKFZ-HEIDELBERG DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 16:43:19 GMT+1
Could we use the version 3 HP client with HPUX 10.01 (officilally it
requires 10.20 at least, I know)?
We will upgrade to ADSM Version 3 (Server and Clients) this summer,
but we have one old HP system which cannot be upgraded and will be
used for two more years. If we stayed with ADSM version 2 for this
client our archive users would have problems accessing their
archives; we do cross client archive and restore via virtual nodes.

Hanna
Hanna Hahne                        email:  Hanna.Hahne AT dkfz-heidelberg DOT de
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum
Zentrale Datenverarbeitung         Tel.:   (+49) 06221 - 42 2357
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280            Fax:    (+49) 06221 - 42 2399
D-69120 Heidelberg