ADSM-L

Re: Bad results from a SELECT ...

1998-05-13 10:10:25
Subject: Re: Bad results from a SELECT ...
From: "Mapes, Mark" <MWM4 AT PGE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 07:10:25 -0700
Mike,

Yes, the SQLMATHMODE does explain the difference between the "q vol" and the
"select *".

By the way, my "select volume_name as volume, pct_reclaim, pct_utilized from
volumes" as identified below worked too.  I have seen this before, where I
did get funny results from SQL, but after exiting and re-entering the
dsmadmc environment, the result seem to look good.  But the real problem
still exists, that is when I issue the following select statement, the
results for all three numeric colums comes back being the same.

select left(volume_name,6) as volume, pct_reclaim, pct_utilized,
pct_reclaim+pct_utilized from volumes order by 4 desc

Do you get the same results?

Mark