ADSM-L

Cancelling MVS server

1998-05-12 12:39:07
Subject: Cancelling MVS server
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 11:39:07 -0500
We tried to cancel ADSM on MVS the other day and after the HALT was issued,
ADSM wouldn't end due to outstanding requests for tape mounts (it was
requesting a tape for offsite backups that had already been moved offsite,
I think because the offsite backup process was taking all day.)
But anyway, I'm trying to schedule the automated operator to cancel ADSM
once per week with the HALT command (which is supposed to cancel any
outstanding sessions and processes)
but how can I easily tell it till cancel any outstanding mount requests?
I tried CAN MOUNT *   but it wanted a specific volname.
I'd be willing to have the automated operator issue a couple commands, but
I was hoping it wouldn't have to be as complicated as doing a Q MOUNT, then
cancelling each mount manually.
Thanks,
Julie